At present, the use of technology is increasing in all areas of our life. Also in our home because of these innovations, the demand for automation in homes is growing rapidly.
For anyone who has a home, the security of your home is one of your biggest concerns due to threats that arise daily. Home automation provides several systems that can ensure our well-being. One of the advantages of this technology is that the user interacts less with technological equipment, but in turn is additional security.
Home automation, understood as the smart home, is the set of systems capable of automating a home, providing energy savings, providing safety, promoting and ensuring communication accessibility. That is, the home automation, seeks to provide the user a better quality of life and ensure personal safety.
The best way to get a family seeking tranquility in your home is hiring a home insurance. But also this technology is used to protect the home, the feeling of safety increases.
There are four types of safety standards related to automation:
1. External protection: the main function of these systems is to detect movements or foreign objects around the house.
- Motion Sensor: when any physical signal is detected, the sensor itself sends a response electronically by means of an alarm or display on a surveillance camera.
- Infrared barrier: used to signal the presence of an intruder in the external area of the house, since the rays are invisible to the human eye sight.
- Opening sensor for magnetic contacts: are placed in pairs on the windows or doors of houses and activated if they are open. When someone enters the sensors cause the current stops flowing, so the alarm will be activated automatically.
- Sound Sensor: can detect any external noise.
2. Interior protection: this system serves to protect the inside of the house.
- Simulator presence: if the owner is out of the house, this system will take care of on and off house lights to simulate the presence of the owners.
- CCTV surveillance system: the CCTV is to use video cameras to report what happens inside the home both day and night.
3. Personal protection: when the user is in danger, these systems protect it from any damage or accident.
- Panic Button: this device can be wireless or wired and placed in a strategic location of the house, when suspicious activity occurs. Once the user clicks the button, activates a silent alarm and sends a signal to the police.
- Beacons of assistance: as soon as you press, the device sends a signal to a support center for personal assistance.
4. Technical alarms and detection: if something strange is happening in the home caused by a failure in any device, this acts to fix it.
- Fire alarms: have the function of detecting a change in the air, and then take certain actions to solve it. In addition, immediately sends a signal to the fire department.
- Flood Alarms: when excess water is detected, the sensor activates solenoid and they cut the water supply or drain to an external output.
- Gas leak alarms: if gas leak, the system is activated and closes the gas supply valves.