WHAT TO DO
- If you notice smell gas, do not light matches or lighters or operate electrical switches; ventilate the room and close all gas valves.
- If you turn on the oil pan, cover with a lid or damp cloth. Never try to extinguish the fire with water.
- Do not use water to extinguish a fire in an electrical device, except that you have previously cut off the mains power, or off the device.
- Try to extinguish the fire only if it is small and can be controlled. Never endanger their safety.
- Tell giving firefighters the necessary data for rapid intervention. At their arrival, follow their instructions.
- Turn off electrical power and gas inlet.
- It is very important to know the possible ways of escape: if you try to put out the fire, should be placed between it and the way of escape.
- If your clothes catch fire, do not run. Lie on the floor and roll on it.
- If you turn on the hair, put your head under a faucet or cover it with a large cloth.
- In case you cannot escape, lock yourself in a room, cover the slots of the door with wet rags to keep out smoke and call for help.
- Smoke is the first and most serious enemy, causing most of the casualties in fires. Within seconds you can let meaningless. Remember always be a reserve of oxygen at ground level (the smoke is less dense than air and tends to rise. Crawled Walk and protect your mouth with a towel or damp cloth.
- Always lock doors and windows when leaving home burned to prevent drafts that stoke the fire. Do not use elevators.
If you are threatened by the development of a fire stay calm.
Think about the possible escape routes.
Crawl through the smoke, holding my breath and closing his eyes few can.
Close all doors between you and smoke. Tape slot door with rags and dip them if you have water.
Find a room with an outside window. If you can go, without undue risk, do so. If this is not possible, see yourself, and wait for the arrival of firefighters.
- The installation of one or several autonomous smoke detectors is recommended, placing one in the hallway distribution of the bedrooms. It is recommended to periodically check its operation.
- If the house has always kept connected garden hose irrigation; can be useful in case of fire.
- Install appropriate against fuses, overheating and leads (independent magneto for each circuit and differential electrical protection.
- It should have at least 3 Kgs extinguisher of a suitable extinguishing agent usually multipurpose ABC powder.
- The extinguisher must be located in the kitchen or around it.
- The extinguisher must be hung on the wall at a height of 1.5 m.