See what he knows about financial security at home and online. Check this list containing smart ideas to protect you.
Smart ideas to protect yourself:
- Beware of strangers you can enter your home. Do not leave it the confidential data, credit cards and checkbooks.
- Store your new and canceled checks securely.
- Store in a safe place copies of your driver’s license, credit cards, vehicle registration, identity cards, etc.
- Shred old and unnecessary financial documents, old bank account statements and pre-approved offers of credit cards unsolicited.
- Do not send email personal data, e.g. account numbers, credit card numbers or personal identification numbers (PINs).
- Choose a credit card with a low limit for all your online purchases.
- Immediately after making a transaction on the web, completely close your browser.
- Turn off your computer when not in use: do not leave it in the mode of “sleep”.
- Never download files or click on links in emails from people or companies you do not know.
- Install a firewall, anti-virus and anti-spyware (anti-spyware) on your computer and update them regularly.
Note: To maximize the security of web transactions Internet, use a recent version of their browser. Internet Web addresses starting with “https” and pages that have the padlock symbol in the lower right corner are the safest.