To live with tranquility and security in our house is the maximum investment that we can make in her. Therefore, it is important to know that prevention is the true form of home security.
In this post we recommend 7 tips to keep in mind to maintain the safety of your home:
- Doors are a key element of a home to prevent theft. It is recommended that they be thick, solid and hard and have a good locking system. It is imperative to lock up when we are away from home, even for just a moment. It is also important to take the appropriate precautions to avoid losing your keys, as well as never save them with key rings or documentation that can reveal the address to which they belong.
- The doors must be secured with their bolts properly installed. It is good that the doors have a counter-security located at the top to reinforce the entrance. In addition, they should be closed, as are windows, patios or basements.
- Make sure that the main door has at least two closing points. When exiting always lock, not only with the slip as it can be opened easily.
- Check that there is no gap between the door and the floor to prevent it from leaking. To do this, reinforce the part of the hinges with steel pivots and metal angles.
- Another element to take into account for the safety of the home are the windows. These are one of the weaknesses. It is necessary to make sure that those that give to the basements have bars, especially those that give to unprotected patios. The chalets have a special charm for the people who are dedicated to stealing, so it is recommended that all your windows contain bars for your safety. In addition, it is highly recommended in the windows of the home to use strong glass and install locks that allow closure much safer.
- A measure of security in your home is to make it appear always inhabited. To do this, in prolonged absence, do not disconnect the electricity completely or close all blinds. The technology will facilitate this since the automatic timers are the best option for this. If you live outside the town, it would be interesting to reinforce this point by lighting the entrance, porch and patios.
- And perhaps the security measure of the home that can give you more guarantees of protection, whether you stay in it or not, are security surveillance systems and alarms. Placing a visible alarm at the entrance of the house and / or perimeter sensors on terraces and gardens may discourage potential intruders. There are several companies that are dedicated to security and offer this type of services. Nowadays, these companies even give you the option of being able to control the alarm system remotely from a smartphone, allowing you to connect and disconnect the device, open the door without a key or take photographs of the home to check that everything works correctly.